Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2-1/2 lbs chicken breasts cut into 2-in long strips
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large sweet pepper julienned
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice divided
- 1 can 28 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or rice of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream and avocado for topping optional
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken, garlic, and pepper in oil until chicken is cooked and peppers are tender. Remove from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine, beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and remaining lime juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In serving bowls, layer chicken mixture, bean mixture, and cooked rice. Top rice bowls with sour cream and avocado if desired.