Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- ⅓ cup 60% cacao chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in a paper towel, dry off. If some of the skins start to come off peel them off and discard. (this will help the cookie dough not be as gritty)
- Add chickpeas, peanut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds to the food processor. (to grind chia seeds add them to a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve immediately.
- *** Can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. ***