Prep/Cook Time: 10 minutes
For the pasta salad:
- (1) 16 oz box of farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon salt (for the pasta water)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small yellow zucchini, cut in half vertically then thinly sliced
- 1 small green zucchini, cut in half vertically then thinly sliced
- 1 broccoli crown, cut into tiny bite-sized pieces
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 orange pepper, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/4 teaspoon finely ground sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the salt, stir, then add in the pasta. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 10-11 minutes, or until al denrte. Drain in a colander and run the pasta under cold water for a few minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the pasta, prepare the vegetables and the dressing!
- Cut the veggies as indicated in the ingredient list.
- For the dressing:
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, minced garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Once the pasta has cooled, transfer it to a large serving bowl. Add in the chopped vegetables and half of the dressing. Stir until everything is well mixed, and add more dressing as needed. Serve at once or refrigerate until ready to eat (can be made up to 24 hours ahead of time).