Prep/Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 2-3 campari or cocktail style tomatoes, sliced
- ½ avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (I prefer the fruitiest, lightest flavored)
- 1½ teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- generous pinch of sugar or dollop of honey
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Assemble the arugula, tomato, avocado slices and mozzarella in a serving bowl. Top with torn or slivered basil leaves.
- Whisk the extra virgin olive oil in a small bowl with the balsamic vinegar, sugar or honey and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste and pour over the salad.
- Toss to coat and serve.