Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Perfect for a chilly day!! *My all time favorite recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth*
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce*
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 cup dry elbow pasta
- Parsley, for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil using the Saute button. Add onions and carrots and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Pour mixture onto a plate and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp olive oil in pot again using the Saute setting, add beef, season with salt and pepper and cook until browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the sauteed veggies to pot along with beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, Worcestershire, thyme, oregano, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Place lid on Instant Pot and make sure the release valve is set to sealing. Hit the “Soup” button and adjust it to 4 minutes.
- When time is up, use the quick release method.
- Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and give it a stir.
- Serve warm garnished with parsley if desired.