Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub boths sides of the bread with olive oil.
- Use a small round object (mason jar cover, round cookie cutter, the top of a glass) to cut a round circle out of the middle of each piece of bread.
- Heat a large skillet over low/medium heat and add about a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add the bread and circle cut outs to the pan.
- Toast on the pan for for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip.
- Crack an egg in the center of each bread square.
- Cover pan for 3 to 5 minutes until a white film develops over the egg yolk, (cook time will vary on the heat of your pan and your desired runniness of the yolk).
- When your Egg in a Frame is toasted and your egg is ready, remove from heat and plate.
- Sprinkle on fresh thyme and salt and pepper, to taste.