Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 1/2 tsp. matcha powder*
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice), warmed
- 1 Tbsp.+ sweetener of choice (I used honey, vegans use maple syrup or agave)
- Optional: [vegan] whipped cream for topping
- Add matcha powder to your french press. Add water, almond milk, and sweetener, and mix until combined. It’s OK if the matcha doesn’t completely dissolve.
- Insert the press and quickly push it down, then pull it up continuously for 15 seconds, or until the latte is frothed to your liking.
- Pour into an 8-oz. cup, using a spoon to scoop out the foam and place it on top. Top with [vegan] whipped cream if desired.