Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 24 hours
- 12 ounces ground coffee (preferably dark roast)
- 2 cups unsweetened toasted coconut
- 8 cups filtered water
- Pour coffee and coconut into a large air tight container (at least 1.5 gallons or larger). Pour water on top and stir lightly to combine. Cover and store at room temperature for 24-36 hours.
- Scoop out as much of the grounds and coconut as possible with a fine mesh strainer. Rinse strainer, then cover with a double layer of cheesecloth. Place covered strainer over a 1 gallon jug (or desired container). Use a measuring cup to pour coffee over your covered strainer to filter any remaining grounds. If your coffee begins to have trouble filtering through, change your cheesecloth out for a fresh one.
- To serve, combine 1 part coffee with 2 parts water. Add any desired cream or sweetener.
Submitted by Sofia Garcia