Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups (500ml) unsweetened almond milk or pecan milk
- 2 chai tea bags
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- coconut whipped cream, as topping
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the nut milk until it just starts to simmer, then immediately remove from heat.
- Add the chai tea bags and leave to steep for 5 minutes. Remove and discard the tea bags, then add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well to combine. Taste and adjust sweetness or spice to your liking, then pop it back over low heat for a few minutes until warmed through. Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend for 20-30 seconds, until frothy, then transfer to mugs.
- Serve warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream if you wish!